Executive of the Seawood Estates Association Limited Executive Meeting MinutesJuly 3,2018OpeningA meeting of the Executive of the Seawood Estates Association Limited was called to order at 6:30pm on August 17, 2017 facilitated by Peter Fullerton. PresentJohn Boyne, Bob Waugh, Joe Kaczmarczyk, Diane Crozier, Dick Rowell. Also at the meeting was Henry Victor, new owner of Seawood Estates. AgendaThe agenda was presented by Peter and accepted by the board. Moved by Joe, Seconded by Dick Approval of MinutesMinutes of previous meeting held last year on August 17, 2017 was not completed. Deferred to next meeting. Agenda Items:
Items 3, 4, and 5: Introduction of New Owners, Vision for Seawood and Q&A: The board introduced themselves to Henry Victor, who then provided the board with a brief history on himself and his arrival in PEI as owner of Seawood Estates. He relayed that his vision for Seawood Estates is very basic with the end goal of making improvements where they can be made. He and his wife will be living in the development and plan to be accessible to the board and residents. His priorities are:
Road Maintenance: He will be assessing costs to provide crowning on roads. Mr. Victor has taken over lawn maintenance within the subdivision and is looking at what other areas of road maintenance he can provide himself. Some reasonable increase in road fees may be required in order to achieve improvements. Mr. Victor agreed to providing full accounting for how fees are used.
Water Utility System: The building that houses the infrastructure for the water system is the original old Wygant barn, which will need some maintenance in the near future. He is also concerned about future requirements for the system as it can only handle a further development of 12 lots before a new pump will be required. He presently uses approx. one third of the building for the water system and is considering what other uses the building can provide to the development and/or residents.
Community use of common areas: He has some ideas he will be exploring around use of the open areas at the entrance to the development and with regard to any improvements he makes to the barn.
An open discussion followed with Mr. Victor who also expressed a keen interest in working with the Executive.
6) Correspondence sent & received: Approximately 200 emails on a variety of topics were responded to by Peter since last fall. No items are outstanding.
7) Internet Update: The new service with Eastlink has been available since late last fall and the response from residents is very positive. Internet speeds are vastly improved. Turnover of existing properties and new home growth seem to be benefiting from this initiative. John Boyne was recently featured on a CBC interview with regard to the Internet project and our new services.
8) Priorities for coming year: 1) Working with new owner to create a good relationship focused on the betterment of Seawood Estates. 2) Roads & Infrastructure improvements. 3) Looking for ways to improve social interaction among residents and improve on attendance at AGM.
9) Membership fees/email addresses: Everyone agreed to work with the same areas as they had last year for promotion of SEAL & collection of Membership fees.
10 ) Annual Meeting: Looking at second weekend of August. Discussion for next meeting once people have reviewed their schedules.
11) Need for a new treasurer: Bob Waugh has put his property up for sale so has asked that we look for a replacement for him. To ensure a smooth transition, it was agreed we should move on this as soon as possible to ensure Bob has adequate time to train someone and transition of duties.
12) Other items: The following items were also added to the agenda:
Open House: Dick and Judy Rowell have offered to host an open house at their home so that residents can meet the new owners. Board members agreed to participate by providing an Appetizer. Peter will contact the Victors to find a date and let everyone know timing.
Signs: The sign committee is looking to fix a couple of signs at the end of Stanley and at Pickering Place. They also have two signs to install at end of Driftwood Lane and Seawood Drive.
Executive Board Elections: Joe reminded the board that his position is up for election this year. With his other commitments, he will not be renewing his offer so would like assistance in finding a replacement. The treasurer role also needs to be filled.
AdjournmentMeeting was adjourned at 8:55pm. Peter will send out an email to schedule a meeting for later in July. Minutes submitted by: Diane Crozier Approved by: [Name]